I figure everyone will be busy for the rest of the week, so I thought I’d take today to wish everyone a great Thanksgiving! Did you give thanks for your fellow librarian? Here are some other things I’m thankful for that can help you start off your thankful list this turkey day:
- E-readers (to read E-books on)
- Smart phones (to read E-books and watch Netflix on)
- On-Demand cable…for shows that aren’t on Netflix yet
- Family time
- Friends – both the ones near and far, old and new
- Co-workers! My new peeps are pretty fantastic
- My apartment complex gym (I’d be Fat Justin without it)
- My health in general!
- Online Black Friday deals (Because 4 am waiting in line at Best Buy is SO 2008)
- That I could see my brothers and parents earlier this month
- OMG DESSERT
- Dress pants that have the elastic waistband (I’ll definitely need that after the holiday)
- Dentists (I had a root canal around this time last year)
- Gasoline prices being pretty darn low lately
- My totally sweet awesome new job!
- My Facebook page which you should totally like if you haven’t already!
- Running water
- Freezers with ice makers (Boo ice trays)
- Washer and dryer hookups (Curse you, laundromat)
- My blog – so I can share this will all of you!
I’m sure there are plenty more out there, but I don’t want to keep you too long. Have a happy and safe Thanksgiving everyone!
Justin Brasher, Brash Librarian