HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Once again, we’ve had another crazy year. Friendships were forged, limits were tested, obstacles were overcome – some literally! In the spirit of last year’s New Years Post, let’s recap some things:
- I graduated from FSU with my Masters in Library Science! WHOOOOO!!!
- I took a new job with the Putnam County Public Library System as their Technical Services and Social Media Marketing Manager. (Wow, that’s a mouthful.) With the help of people at Baker and Taylor Book Company, Brodart books and supplies, The Library Corporation and more, I’ve revamped how we do many things to make them easier and faster for patrons. I did the math – we’re currently 2800% faster than when I started. Go team!
- I moved for said job above…it was so sad! Sure, I miss my Gainesville peeps, but I go to Gainesville so often it’s not really an issue. What I really miss is having the greatest little home with the greatest room mate ever. Two story townhouse with driveway, back yard, laundry room, and Caitlin! We lived together for only a year, but it was one of the greatest years of my life. Speaking of which, she actually came and visited last week!
- I ran the infamous TOUGH MUDDER! I must say…I wasn’t really impressed. Aside from the high-voltage power lines that shocked me and the ice water bath, it felt just a tad repetitive. Sorry guys, but your “world’s toughest mud race” didn’t blow me away. No worries, I’ll give you guys another chance in 2014!
- I met some amazing people – both in and out of the library system – particularly Heather, Laura, Shane, Robin, Mara, Mary…more will come to mind. Jessie from TBLC and all the staff at NEFLIN have hopefully gotten to know me a little better.
Is it just me, or did 2013 seem kinda so-so? Based on all the Facebook statuses I’ve seen, most people had a fairly crappy year. Breakups, people losing family members, people losing jobs…I can only hope it will get better.
As for resolutions, I haven’t given it much thought. I have to admit, my resolution of posting once a week for 2013 was pretty successful until the move and the new job…New job and bigger responsibilities at the price of being too busy for posts? I can pay that price. As time goes on, I’ve been getting better at it. (I think!)
As such my resolutions at present are:
- Improve and maintain my body! In the last two years, I’ve rather gone through some extremes. I went from 190 down to 163 all the up to 210. I really need to figure out how much muscle and definition I want.
- Try to get back into frequently posting. I know y’all have missed me!
- De-clutter my life, and enjoy living with less stuff
- Be better to myself! I think I’ve decided to have a cup of coffee or tea a day and to burn one candle a day.
I think more will come. Next time, I will update you guys on some more FSU fundraising stuff.
Justin Brasher, Brash Librarian